As you may have heard, the Secretary of State has made the decision to send an Absent Voter (AV)
Ballot Applications to all voters in the State of Michigan for the upcoming 2020 elections. Please keep in
mind that this is an application only not a ballot. The ballot will not be issued unless the application is
returned to your Local Clerk (city or township).
Here are a few things that you, as a Voter, should be aware of:
• Your right to vote is important to the County Clerk and Local Clerk.
• It is your choice to vote in person or to vote by absentee ballot.
• The AV application will come from the State of Michigan only if you are not already on your
Local Clerk’s permanent AV application list. If you are currently on the permanent AV
application list, the AV application will come from your Local Clerk.
• The AV application allows you to:
a) Request an absentee ballot for August only;
b) Request an absentee ballot for November only;
c) Request an absentee ballot for August and November;
d) Request to be placed on the permanent AV application list for future elections.
• You may also receive applications for absentee ballots from advocacy and nonpartisan
organizations. It is only necessary to send one AV application to your Local Clerk if you wish to
receive a ballot.
• The AV application is returned to your LOCAL CLERK.
• Once the AV application is returned to your Local Clerk, a ballot will be mailed to you. Ballots
are in the design stage right now and will not be available to the Local Clerks until June 20
• The Local Clerks and the County Clerk are working together to plan for a safe environment for a
Voter to vote in-person.
• If you vote by absentee ballot, please be assured that your Local Clerk has procedures to follow
for maintaining the security of your voted ballot from the time that it is received by the Local
Clerk until it is processed on Election Day.
Your Local Clerk and County Clerk are communicating regularly to keep up on the changes that have
been happening and to share thoughts on how to best move forward to protect the Election
Inspectors and the Voters on Election Day.
The most important thing to remember is to VOTE!
Ovid City Hall
114 E Front St
POLLING LOCATION & CLERK’S OFFICE HOURS ON ELECTION DAY
7:00 am to 8:00 pm
UPCOMING ELECTION DATES
NOVEMBER 3rd, 2020 GENERAL ELECTION
OCTOBER 19, 2020 – Last day to register to vote in any manner other than in person with the local clerk.
OCTOBER 19 THRU 8:00 PM NOVEMBER 3, 2020- In person registration with local clerk with proof of residency.
OCTOBER 31, 2020 9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM- Clerk’s special office hours weekend before election.